Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jehovah Wants YOU Back!

Written By: Narayan Kumar Dahal


The rain pelts down, yet makes no sound
As out the door they go. 
As they desert Jehovah’s house, 
And ally themselves with his foe. 
They aren’t the first, nor are they the last, 
To go and choose this path. 
The Devil grins as they stand by his side, 
Then he throws back his head and he laughs. 
‘I’ve won, oh great Jah!’ He cackles with glee, 
‘Your ‘faithful good’ servants are now serving me! 
I know that you thought they’d stay strong to the end, 
That you, their Creator, were truly their friend, 
But they’ve lost their fine focus, lost sight of their prize, 
And my wicked system has been their demise! 
Your care and your patience, your love has all failed, 
As for me, I have won, I’ve triumphed, prevailed! 
But Jehovah looks toward him and calmly replies, 
‘You’re right, evil serpent, this is good in your eyes. 
There’s one thing, however, you seem to have missed, 
And that thing, foolish Satan, that thing is just this: 
In all of my servants I see something fine, 
It helps draw them to me and makes their hearts mine. 
And though, for the moment, you’ve clouded their sight, 
In their hearts they all know that my way is still right. 
So though they may wander in this system of yours, 
Know, I am Jehovah, I won’t bar my doors. 
When they’ve discovered they’ve reaped what they’ve sown, 
I’ll take back my lost lambs and make them my own. 
So laugh, oh doomed ruler, while you still have the time, 
I’ll have them back and they’ll be in their prime. 
I will not give up ’til you’ve come to great harm, and 
All of my children are safe in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment